Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DIY Cooler

(fastest blog post EVER ...like 5 min. I have to leave right now to get Zoe to tumbling)
Enjoy

Since we have season passes to schlitterbahn water park, we are always toting around a cooler. I thought it'd be too cute to personalize one. If you have ever been to schiltterbahn, you know it's kind of difficult to spot your cooler in the mix with all the other billion coolers.

 
I wanted to test out the paisley stencil just for giggles. 
I bought it from the most amazing little scrapbook store...ok yes it's our store Scrap Attack.
Anywho, I used acrylic paint just to test it out.
 (it will wash off with water & it's on the bottom)
Wouldn't that be gorgeous around the entire cooler?!?!?
IN...LOVE....


Here is what I really had in mind!
Ok the steps are pretty self explanatory. 
1. cut out NAME with cricut (used Storybook size 3')
2. adhere your self made stencil to the cooler (look down at the picture with the LG pink adhesive gun. Don't forget to glue down the little inside pieces)
3. mask off everything you don't want painted
4. spray paint it (I used spray paint that will adhere to everything....we'll see huh?)
5. let dry all the way
6. peel off stencil & inside pieces.

Repeat for embellishment pieces.

I might add a little mist of clear but not sure yet.


storybook

 Thought it would be too cute on the front two corners....WRONG!
I would have needed to glue the pieces down better.  


not my favorite. O well.
sophisticated 

 awesome glue gun.


I have a fashion HAUL that I will be posting tomorrow.(Since everyone is always asking "where did you get that" "OMG you only paid how much?"
Thanks for stopping by!
<3 Andie



No comments:

Post a Comment